Texas Tech University Associate Professor - Tenure Track in Abilene, Texas
Contributes to the university’s mission through teaching, research and service; some variation by academic unit.
- Teaching. Faculty members are expected to provide instruction and student advising as assigned by the departmental chairman.
- Classroom instruction responsibilities include holding class for the entire period for which the class is scheduled (including the final examination period) and evaluating students' work and assigning grades within the policies of TTUHSC and the Board of Regents to students officially enrolled in the class.
- Academic Advisement. Academic advisement concerning the program requirements and related courses is one of the responsibilities of the departmental faculty.
- Curriculum Development. The faculty of the department have the responsibility "to prescribe and define courses of study for (their students)"Research.
- Faculty members are expected to participate in scholarly and research activities which enhance their professional development and contribute to their disciplines.
Academic degree as defined by the academic unit and as appropriate for the position held. Demonstrated record of effectiveness as a teacher, a record of peer reviewed publication and/or peer-reviewed creative activity which has contributed to the discipline or field of study, to the candidate’s intellectual and artistic development, and to the quality of the academic enterprise; a record of professional service appropriate to the discipline; promise of growth in teaching and research or artistic and creative activity
Faculty candidates who fall within the subspecialties of Environmental/Occupational Health, Epidemiology, Biostatistics, or a combination of Environmental Health and Epidemiology will be given preferred review. Although primarily seeking expertise in the three aforementioned areas, candidates from any area of public health will be considered.
The candidate must possess a Dr.PH or ScD, or a PhD in a Public Health Discipline. An MD with an MPH is also acceptable.
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications of the individual selected and budgetary guidelines of the hiring department, as well as, the institutional pay plan. For additional information, please reference the institutional pay plan on the Human Resources webpage.
Extended Job Title: Associate Professor - Tenure Track
Work Location: Abilene
Org Level 1: Texas Tech Univ Health Sciences Ctr
Campus: HSC - Abilene
Department: Dept of Public Health Lbk
Does this position work in a research laboratory?: No
Required Attachments: Resume / CV
Optional Attachments: Professional/Personal Reference Recommendation/Referral Other Documents Supporting Qualifications
Job Type: Full Time
Pay Basis: Monthly
Minimum Hire Rate: salary commensurate with related education, experience and/or skills
Salary Grade: 800
Travel Required: Up to 25%
Grant Funded?: No
Requisition ID: 12690BR